- This event has passed.
Egypt’s Aggression on Ethiopia
April 17 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
A zoom conference is organized by #UnityForEthiopia, a digital wing of the Ethiopian American Council and Ethiopian Advocacy Network to address Egypt’s aggressive PR campaign of falsehood and a diplomatic pressure on Ethiopia.
Egypt’s aggressive stance regarding the GERD is unacceptable and uncivilized. The facts are that 86% of the Nile Water originates from Ethiopia. This being the fact, Ethiopia’s position is that of asking only an equitable share of its resource with understanding and cooperation with its neighbors.
Both Sudan and mainly Egypt have chosen the wrong time to pressure Ethiopia with a boarder war on the one hand and an International diplomatic pressure and a relentless PR and digital campaign to smear Ethiopia’s name on the world stage. This act has reached a critical stage elevating the HOA situation to a dangerous level.
Our campaign for this weekend focuses on:
- Expose Egypt’s false narrative about Ethiopia’s position on the GERD negotiations.
- To state that Ethiopia’s sovereignty is inviolable.
- Express the GERD is a symbol of National Unity of Ethiopians
Various speakers will speak on the above points. This zoom conference will be followed by a tweeter campaign on Sunday April 18 2021
- 7:00 PM – Ethiopia (Local 1:00 ማታ)
- 18:00 – Central Europe Time
- 12:00 PM – USA (Eastern Time)
- 5:00 PM – London UK
- 1:00 AM – Japan