- This event has passed.
Why #GERDGood4Egypt ?
April 18 @ 6:00 pm - April 19 @ 6:00 pm
General Al Sisi’s style of negotiation is “I tell our Ethiopian brothers: ‘We should not reach the level that you mess with a water drop in Egypt, because all options are open,’” Beating a war drum.
We calmly explain #GERDGood4Egypt. Egypt
‘s sinister PR digital campaign is that GERD interrupts water supply. This is just a TV drama with Al Sisi the lead actor! Not a high-level negotiation impacting the lives of millions. Egypt must not be allowed to shame Africa!
- #GERDGood4Egypt it just needs little help to adjust to a new reality. Ethiopia is not out there to harm anyone.
- GERD is the solution for all sides: Ethiopia, Sudan and Egypt. Cheap electricity with no negative impact.
- GERD helps in managing the amount of water that flows downstream. It conserves water that will be evaporated when the Aswan Dam fills up.
- GERD is not limited to power supply to Ethiopia it can benefit Sudan and Egypt by removing up to 86% of silt and sedimentation.
- Egypt will learn how to conserve water instead of spilling it into the Toshka canal, an Egyptian irrigation project, which is wasteful and had environmentalists worried about its demands on Nile water.
Egypt must understand that #GERD, a hydroelectric dam that doesn’t consume the Nile water
- That “#GERD stands as a beacon of hope for all Africans” is not an exaggeration. Let African Union alone facilitate the negotiations. African Solution 4 African Problems
- Egypt starting by putting forward old colonial treaties to justify its entitlement on GERD but now ashamed to bring them up.
- Egypt’s argument on water shortage depends on extreme case scenario (hypotheticals) and therefore unsound
- Egypt starting by putting forward old colonial treaties to justify its entitlement on GERD but now ashamed to bring it up.
When does the twitter campaign starts ?
- 7:00 PM – Ethiopia (Local 1:00 ማታ)
- 18:00 – Central Europe Time
- 12:00 PM – USA (Eastern Time)
- 5:00 PM – London UK
- 1:00 AM – Japan